Friday, 31 August 2007
Wednesday, 22 August 2007
Give it a try, I am sure you will like it. I love the addition of custard powder as it makes the cake nice and yellow and happy :)
- 150g butter, room temperature
- 3/4 C caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 C SR flour, sifted
- 1/3 C custard powder, sifted
- 1 C plain Greek style yoghurt
- 1/3 C toasted almond flakes
- 1 C icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 20g butter, softened
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- Preheat oven to 180c. Lightly grease your cake pan.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Fold in sifted flour and custard powder alternately with the yoghurt. Stir until mixture is just smooth.
- Pour mixture into cake pan, smooth surface.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan, turn out onto wire rack.
Combine icing sugar, butter and juice in a bowl and stand the bowl in a sink partially filled with warm water to assist the butter to melt. Stir until smooth and drizzle over cooled cake. Sprinkle with toasted, flaked almonds and allow to set.