Sunday 23 September 2007

Pizza Pizazz..





Tonight was pizza night - made my own pastry as usual...I am so loving my Kenwood Patissier..that one item, just makes my life so much easier, and I swear, the quality of my dough, is just SO much better...before it is cooked, it is silken and as soft as a baby's bottom lol and after, it is golden brown and perfecto!


So while the dough was proving, I chopped up some red onions (or spanish onions as some like to call them), red capsicums, kalamata olives, wafer thin salami and some wafer thin honey ham..and a heap of grated mozzarella. For the tomato base, I used some passata, and added to it some freshly cracked black pepper, fresh sea salt, a pinch of both dried oregano and basil - this is how my Nonno used to make his tomato base in all the pizza establishments he has owned. I think he would be very proud of me ;)


I rolled the dough out to a nice rustic circle (I get three pizzas out of my pizza dough recipe) and then swirled the tomato base, sprinkled the onions and capsicums, layered the salami and ham, dotted the gorgeous purple kalamatas around the pizza and lastly, put the mozzarella on top and into a 250c oven for around 12-15 minutes and it is done.


Just served it with a very plain and basic baby salad leaf and herb salad tossed with some balsamic vinegar and good quality olive oil...simple dinner, delicious with a glass of the good stuff...why would you want to eat out?????




1 comment:

Finla said...

Wow that is a very delicious looking pizza